Sunday, March 4, 2007

When HE appears to be M.I.A

As I gaze into my journal flipping one page unto another, suddenly the date got my attention from 4th Feb to 28th Feb. From then on I began to reason out why I am not motivated at all to write letter to God at that period of time? Does it means that I don't have enough inspiration to fellowship with God besides attending church.
I was very reluctant and rebellious at that moment of time to write letter to God informing him what has really happened to me everyday. To be straight forward, basically I am just taking God for granted knowing well that God is smart enough and well known that he knows everything before informing him. In fact, I am just too hectic with my daily routine that I neglected God. Sometimes I even kick off my journal because I am just too restless to pick up a pen to start writing but rather pray to God until I fall asleep. Sometimes I even rush off my prayer just to get my job done. Generally speaking, I didn't like these feelings. I know whenever I am attended to these circumstances I have wondered very far away from God. That's when I decided to approach my favourite book that will inspire me, 'Purpose Driven Life'.
There are times when God appears to be MIA- missing in action, in my life. Multiple times I've been facing problems waking up at one beautiful morning and all my spiritual feelings are GONE! I pray, nothing happens. I meditate on God's word, nothing changes. I pray with friends, still nothing happens. Sometimes I really wonder how long will this spiritual gloom will last me? Well the truth is, it is a normal part of testing and maturing my friendship with God instead of smooth flow all the time. It is painful and discouraging, but knowing that it is an absolute vital developement of my faith. It is all about exercising my spiritual faith. It is always easy when things seems to go my way and when things are going great in my life-when he provides shelther, food, friends, family, wealth, health, sufficient resources to survive, and a happy life without worries. But circumstances are not always pleasant. The deepest moment to worship God is in spite of pain, praising God and thanking him for all the trials, trusting him when I am tempted, surrendering to him while at the same time I am suffering, having faith in him and loving him when he seems a million miles away.
One thing for sure and the book of the truth is always comforting to me no matter where I am. God is real, I know because he gave me a lot of confirming emotions when I am a baby Christian and very often he answers my immature, self-centered prayers- so I will know that he exists in my walk in Him. But as I grow older, and to grow in faith, he weans me of those dependencies but one thing I cannot doubt is " God is real, no matter where I go"
"For God has said, 'I will never leave you;
I will never abandon you."
Hebrews 13:5

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home