Sunday, September 20, 2009

Slowing Down

Finally I get to slow down a bit and lay my hands on the keyboard once again. It's been way way overdue since the last time I've actually blog about the happenings and not so happening with me. I have been really hectic over the past semester and of course I did something productive and beneficial to myself and others.

Over the past semester, what a relief I could put it that way but not entirely because I still have the tail to finish up. 'SOS EARTH' is the event name hold by the PR students and we as the advertising students are to be responsible over the advertisements, publicity and build awareness among the campus itself and public. But most importantly in taking charge of being a creative director in motivating the team to work is that I've learnt to be patient and practise handling crisis. It's really not easy especially I'm a person who cares so much of relationship and how people would actually perceive me as a leader. Again I have second thought which is failed to be a great leader. No doubts there are ups and downs throughout the process of being the middle person between the client, lecturers and my own members. Above all I would like to thank those who have supported me all the way which is God for training me hard and providing me the strength to overcome such crisis, dearest family for providing me financially and although they don't know the details but I believe they will always be the comfort of all, Sern for always there to listen to ever single details of worries, Tammy for supporting me all the way and encouragements, love and cares and Daniel for being such a positive young man.

Instead of complaining, I do gained multiple values from this traning ground. Therefore I am soon to say "sayonara" to all these and one thing I would really want to do is to slow down and enjoy life more.

Our lives are more fast paced than ever living in such modern lives that we can get things easily at the tip of our fingers. Technology is continually invented that saves us time, we use that time to do more and more things, and so our lives are more fast-paced and hectic than ever as I have said.

One very basic thing I would really want to learn is a slower-paced life means making time to enjoy my mornings, instead of rushing off to college and get my feet to work. It means taking time to enjoy whatever I'm doing, to appreciate the outdoors, to actually focus on whoever I'm talking to or spending time with — instead of always being connected to the internet or handphone or laptop, instead of always thinking about work tasks and emails. It means single-tasking rather than switching between a multitude of tasks and focusing on none of them.

Slowing down is a conscious choice, and not always an easy one, but it leads to a greater appreciation for life and a greater level of happiness with my love ones for He invented time, there shall be no excuse for me to say "No Time" for queit time.

Isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Anytime, my beloved friend!

September 28, 2009 at 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home