Monday, March 5, 2007

A Place To Belong

You are members of God's very own family,
citizens of God's country,
and you belong in God's household
with every other christian
Ephesians 2:19
I never fear of looking for a church and never will I fear of starting another lifestyle out of home where I have to leave my family, friends, home and my dearest church. There is always a beginning for everything and couple of months ago I am at the stage of a new beginner. Calls have been made, contacts everywhere but which church am I settling down permanently? I do not know and I thought it will be easy to find one. I am very confident that God will lead me to the right church and to backslide wasn't my option at all. I prayed about it, many things happened. Different churches have their own style of being friendly, and each churches seems to be very inviting to me, and transport provided but yet I don't feel at home. Searching for church is easy but searching for the right one aren't as easy as I expected. Friends is my first choice of settling down even when it is not convenient for me. Expecting there will be great fellowship clinging with friends rather than to start everything new including friends. But I was totally wrong, I always wanted to go my way and I thought being independant will last me forever. At that period of time I see life from my own point of view, not God's point of view, putting words in God's mouth and expecting that it is God's will. I never want to be patient to wait for his answer but to be smart enough to set up my own conclusion.
"Do not conform yourselves to the standards
of this world but let God transform
you inwardly by the complete
change of your mind.Then you will
be able to know the will of
God."
I felt miserable and at the same time I'm very reluctant to really seek God in prayer. As I meditate on his word, I began to realize I'm way behind compared to others. It has never been a success to fulfill my resolution it's to be close to God. Finally one day I decided to surrender my hearts and commit everything unto his hands. God never fails me, at the deepest moment of seeking the truth he pointed to me "matthew 7", assigned Vincent to advice me, send people to make me realize the importance of commitment and placing God as my first priority. At first when the Lord asked me to choose between friends and him, I would keep quiet for I hesitate myself of deciding. As I continue to seek him in prayer and as friends pray for me and with me. I decided to join a church where I can serve, a church that needs me more, convenience first and a church I feel comfortable serving in. This very day as I reflect back to those days I've tasted was unpredictable. I felt so blessed to have real good christian friends to keep me accountable now and always, pray with me all the time, pray for me on the spot without hesitation, study the word of God and always make me feel at home. Being part of Melawati Gospel Church is my blessing.
I always have the thinking of quantity matter the most in order to grow without strong Bible base but frankly speaking quantity doesn't matter but what matters is the heart that counts. Although the congregation in this church are less compared to some churches in KL but I really enjoy with these small amount of people for I can get to know each of them better with true friendship than having a humongous list of friends where I barely could remember their names. -no offence- Big city, are filled with complicated people who has a complicated mind that counts your disabilities but small city are filled with simple minded people that cherish and treasure fellowship with Bible base.
This is a church where I feel belonged and I really enjoy the company of these people have provided for me. I feel very blessed to have them in my life. I am no longer fear of being alone.
Special thanks to Uncle KK, aunty MM
and Sarah.
They are the people who showed me the new
color of life.
How wonderful it is,
how pleasant for God's
people live together in harmony!
Psalms 133:1 (tev)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home