Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beauty of a Mother

Since tomorrow I'm sharing in church of how much my mom mean to me, let me do it here first to appreciate my mom and to all mothers. Mother's day is instituted to honor mother, but this day is exploited for it's commercial benefits. Like any other special occasion we celebrate throughout the years including Valentine's Day, Father's Day or even Friendship Day, I do think that these 'special' day have become very much commercialized. Children feel guilty if they do not give their mother appropriately on this day. Mothers feel overwhelmed with the choice of their children's gift. I wish we could actually celebrate Mother's day with sentiment. While I do favor gifts and gifting, I don't really like the commoditization of relationships especially when the relationship is so sacred between a mother and a child relationship. I think that we should profess our love every single day instead of that very special day when the others 364 we don't.


Happy Mother's Day!

That is my lovely mom, who shows me all 100% love, care, and above all attention! I always see my mother as someone who has a deep understanding of what is in my mind. Whenever I have worries or request, before me speaking a word, my mom will definitely ask "Do you have anything you want to tell me?" It's as if she is the worm in stomach who know what I am in need of. She is a role model to me of how I am to become a mother in future. A Mother's love is something that no one can explain, it is made of deep devotionand of sacrifice and pain, it is endless and unselfishand enduring come what may. For nothing can destroy it or take that love away . . .It is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, and it never fails or falter seven though the heart is breaking . . .It believes beyond believing when the world around condemns, and it glows with all the beautyof the rarest, brightest gems . . .It is far beyond defining, it defies all explanation, and it still remains a secretl ike the mysteries of creation . . . A many splendoured miracleman cannot understand and another wondrous evidence of God's tender guiding hand.

Instead of making a hassle to crack your brain of what to get on Mother's day, or get for the sake of mother's day, I would suggest make a simple meal instead. Besides preparing a simple meal, why not try rewarding your mom by bringing her out to a healthy meal, or buy something that is relates to the household, you can always be thoughtful to custom made a card with quotations if you do not know how to express your love in words or care for her beauty to those mom who is concern of their beauty by bringing them out for a day of facial and spa! It doesn't matter how much a present cost but how much your longing to appreciate your mom is the biggest gift of all.







Without her I wouldn't be who I am today.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

doughnut looks so cute.... *pinch pinch*

May 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger mischelle said...

hahahaha...but now not chubby anymore..so no pinch pinch!

May 10, 2009 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger breadboyshaun said...

wah..compare to your baby photos, looks as if only your bones grew longer over the past 20+yrs.. :p

May 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger mischelle said...

you are so mean MR.LOW!!!
i know you are jealous...BLEUK!

May 10, 2009 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger breadboyshaun said...

kekeke.. :p

May 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger rachel said...

hey the first picture is in my hosue rite hehehe..... and i remmeber mama's house tooo :) oh such memories n btw u loook like ah weng when he was younger hehehe dun look like u

June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home